Valmet Total Solids Measurement (Valmet TS), based on microwave technology, is a reliable and accurate meter for all wastewater sludge treatment applications (0 – 40% total solids), providing savings in energy, polymer dosing, and transportation.
Digester feed: Maintaining a high, optimized total solids content in the sludge entering the digesters helps to achieve better process control and significant savings. This will also decrease electricity costs, and a higher intake digester capacity means that new investments can be postponed.
Dewatering: Valmet Total Solids Measurement (Valmet TS) helps in optimizing polymer dosages and thus reducing polymer costs. The quality of both the dewatered sludge and centrate water is stabilized. Better dewatering efficiency in turn reduces sludge transport costs and improves incineration efficiency if the sludge is eventually burned. Dewatering equipment can be run for shorter times, which lessens energy consumption and maintenance costs.
- Maintenance free measurement
- Fewer laboratory analyses
- Single point calibration
- Long experience and know-how in microwave technology
Check your savings potential
Primary sludge clarifier
- More efficient sludge treatment by avoiding pumping waste water to sludge process
- Online solid measurement optimizes sludge withdrawal rates
- Reduced sludge accumulation in the primaries
- Lower sludge heating cost
- More biogas
- Lower polymer costs
- More efficient use of dewatering centrifuges
- Optimize dry-cake total solids provides better utilization of solids transportation capacity and incineration